Monday, May 7, 2012

Kinda Curly hair!!! help answers asap?

well after my hair dries when it's wet it gets all curly so i put moose in it but it doesn't work and it makes me mad!! Does anybody have any opinion on a better product or y it won't work!!



Kinda Curly hair!!! help answers asap?

Try braiding your hair when its dry and running a flat iron over the braid... apply some hair spray and TA-DA beautiful wave! Other wise try mixing a curl lotion, with a light hold gel and putting that in your hair BEFORE DRYING , then dry with a difusser!



Kinda Curly hair!!! help answers asap?

Well what exactly do you want the product to do? Do you want it to define the curls? Frederick Fekkai has an amazing curl cream that really defines the curls, eliminates frizz, but doesn't dry stiff or sticky. Also, you can try any styling gel, but they tend to make your hair a little stiff if you use too much. I've never really liked mouse for curly hair.



Kinda Curly hair!!! help answers asap?

i think if your just going for a ponytail you should put pink oil in it comb it and slick that sucker back



Kinda Curly hair!!! help answers asap?

I didn't realize I had curly hair til I was 22. It's been five years since, and I can tell that whatever advice people tell you about keeping your hair curly, 90% of the time it won't work for you. You just have to be willing to try everyone's advice and figure out what works. That being said here's what works for me:



1) Before I wash my hair, I brush it (not comb), just to get all the tangles out and distribute what oil is there more evenly.



2) Stop washing your hair with shampoo. If your scalp gets oily, only wash the scalp. You can shampoo the rest of your hair once every couple of weeks. But I avoid it. Curly hair is porous and dry, and shampoo strips it of any moisture or oil it's got.



3) Condition heavily. Don't rinse it out.



4) Avoid putting leave-in conditioner into dry hair. It doesn't put any moisture in, it just gucks it up. Look at this way: what's better, putting lotion on dry skin or on skin that's still moist and plump from the shower?



5) Don't blow dry. Wind is your enemy. It separates your curls. If it's windy, I cover or pull back my hair so it doesn't get frizzy.



6) If I'm washing my hair in the morning, I scrunch my hair dry in a towel (never rub!). Then I apply a gel or spray gel (not mousse) that contains PVP or PVP co-polymer. I like Garnier Fructis's (http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/cvs/gateway/de...



7) Actually I never use gel anymore, because I noticed all products work well the first day, but then my hair looks like crap the second day, and I don't have time to wash my hair that often. Which brings me to my most unconventional piece of advice...



8) Wash your hair at night and sleep on it wet with a towel draped over the pillow. No gel or mousse. The reason this works is that the frizz dies down over night, and something about the lack of gravity keeps it from frizzing up too much in the first place. I swear this works wonders for me. Yeah, occasionally, I get a weird cowlick, but it works 95% of the time.



9) Lastly, try to get a haircut that emphasizes your curls. You may have to go shorter or longer. The hair on the crown of my head has to be a shorter, face-framing layer for the curl to show (otherwise there's too much weight on it). I've got layers all over and it works really well.



Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment